Introduction to sailing
Not sure where to start, or if sailing is for you (or your family). Want to dip your toe in in a safe environment? Then this is the perfect course to start with a fun and safe introduction to sailing at Zandvlei.
Our coaches will get you on the water and enjoying the thrill of splashing across the vlei under the power of nature.
The Intro to Sailing course will give you a basic understanding how to sail a dinghy some experience of handling the boat on your own. The course covers:
- Safety – personal floatation aids and clothing
- Identifying and checking weather conditions, hazards, and whether safe to leave shore
- Setting up the boat, and parts of the boat
- Launching, and boat safety
- Getting to know the basic dinghy controls
- Understand why to stay with the dinghy if it capsizes
- Some basic knots
- Packing away a boat
- Some simple sailing knowledge
Minimum suggested age is 8 years old, and children should be comfortable with being in water, and water safe. It is great for young children to share the experience with friends and do a course together.
Sounds awesome, sign me up!